Las Venturas Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Robbery System

+3
Frank
Xyotei
Dairyll
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Robbery System Empty Robbery System Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:16 am

Dairyll

Community Owner

Hey guys, I need your thoughts on this..

If you are a Thief (you'll have to get the job to prevent abuse of using commands from other jobs), you can use /rob inside certain businesses. You'll have to stay in there for a certain amount of time or else you'll fail the robbery.

In order to start a robbery, there must be at least 3 cops on duty. Why? Because when you initiate the robbery, all cops on and off duty are going to be alerted instantly. They will be given the location of the business you are robbing (if they do /whererob).

You'll have 30% chance being successful and 70% chance of failing. When you are successful, you will get a random amount of money from the business vault. The maximum amount of money that you can get from it is in the formula:
R = V รท 10 (R equals V divided by 10)
Where R is the money you will get and V is the amount of money in the vault. Basically, just divide the amount of money in the vault to 10 and randomize it, that's your money.

If you fail, you'll get nothing but you'll have the cops on your tail.

The waiting time is probably going to 1 minute. That's enough for the cops to get there.

To prevent metagaming, the cops will IC-ly receive a frame of the CCTV feed depicting your appearance through their cellphone. It will tell them your name through the LVPD's high-tech face matching technology (ORLY?). If you have a mask, it will not tellthem your their name, only the location. Either way, if you're the only guy standing there while the robbery is happening, they'll know it's you.

You'll be able to rob only once every paycheck and a business can only be robbed once every 2 hours.

So.. your thoughts?

http://lv-rp.co.cc

2Robbery System Empty Re: Robbery System Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:25 am

Xyotei

Yes.

3Robbery System Empty Re: Robbery System Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:10 am

Frank

[LVPD] Chief of Police

This idea I love, it will actually make the robbing role play more enjoyable. I think that there should be a rank limit like say rank 3 before you can use the command so its not abused and maybe have it so once the command is pressed it blocks out anyone else using the command until the 1 minute is up. I was thinking about the bank robbery and I'm still adamant that this should not be in place there, I suggest only being able to rob the bank if an admin is present and there are more than 6 PD members online. Yeah the idea I love it sounds epic !

- Frank

4Robbery System Empty Re: Robbery System Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:26 am

Peter Collins

[LVT] Manager

Great idea, Daz do you think of these idea or do they just pop in to your head, excellent Smile

5Robbery System Empty Re: Robbery System Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:50 am

Jansen

Do it. I dare you.

6Robbery System Empty Re: Robbery System Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:53 pm

Dairyll

Community Owner

This is only for businesses. The bank robbery system will be much more different. And yes, it will block out others from robbing. I've already started scripting it and it's already working but I have to setup the function that will alert cops.

http://lv-rp.co.cc

7Robbery System Empty Re: Robbery System Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:22 pm

Frank

[LVPD] Chief of Police

Just as an idea it could be a simple **Silent Alarm Tripped : Location : /cctv to see the inside of the shop.**

8Robbery System Empty Re: Robbery System Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:44 am

Raheem_Jordans

You should also make it to where you must have a gun on you in order to rob something.

9Robbery System Empty Re: Robbery System Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:04 am

Frank

[LVPD] Chief of Police

Raheem Jordans:
You should also make it to where you must have a gun on you in order to rob something.

^^ I agree with what you've said, make sure that there is no way they could rob a store with a bat.

10Robbery System Empty Re: Robbery System Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:46 am

DwD

It sounds good but i think you should add more % of success maybe 50-50? because irl you can fail at robbing unless you are unarmed and you know, failing at robbery is less likely to happen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum